The world is really going crazy.....

⊆ 4:49 PM by Kola | . | ˜ 4 comments »



A combination of ongoing police brutality, governmental insensitivity, biased media coverage and the racial context in which these phenomena operate has me feeling really angry right now. Sean Bell joins the array of many in this country that have suffered unduly in the hands of the police. I was watching a particular news channels coverage of this story last night and the reporter totally disgusted me, I will stop short of rehashing his comments because they were that painful to digest.

At this moment this record by J Dilla precisely portrays how I feel. I don't now if and which album this song was featured on but it is one of my Dilla gems and it works perfectly right know. Plus, I have learnt that music can be very effective as a conduit to express how I feel and also provide some clarity. Of course I have my opinion about this whole fiasco, but let the music speak.

Peace.

F*#k the police

I hope this empowers someone to take a stand, or sit the f@*k down (taking a stand can be as simple as calling a spade a spade.)


4 Responses to The world is really going crazy.....

  1. M.Dot. Says:
    A combination of ongoing police brutality, governmental insensitivity, biased media coverage and the racial context in which these phenomena operate has me feeling really angry right now.
    ==================
    Oh. Anger.

    Channel it by doing something constructive.

    Or indulge in a vice:)
  2. Anonymous Says:
    Absolutely insane.....Making the injustice known is one step closer to prevention.....Glad you are able to release some anger, J....
  3. Skinny Hipster... Says:
    snap your fingers........lol and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON!!!!!!!!
  4. Dallas Penn Says:
    Peace to this. Don't spend your money on Fri 12/15/06 on any of this supremacist bullshiite. Fuck DreamGirls, fuck plastic surgery, fuck the police

= Leave a Reply