"Crab Cakes"

⊆ 2:14 PM by Kola | . | ˜ 3 comments »



I just moved to B'more so I figure this classic tune by the great Nina Simone is perfectly symbolic. This song is from an album of the same name called Baltimore released in 1978. Its crazy how these lyrics still apply even today. As an aside when ever you get a chance please watch the Wire on HBO; this show is set in Baltimore and isn't to far from the truth.

Baltimore


3 Responses to "Crab Cakes"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    My fav thus far........ Very Bluesy with a Jamacian twist....I love it, J
  2. confusedbuttryin Says:
    nice selction. not particularly my style but i'll rock wit it
  3. Kola Says:
    It's funny you noted that beacuse Baltimore was originally recorded by Randy Newman, and then in '79 The Tamlins, a reggae group put out an excellent remake of it. I might post the Tamlin version.

= Leave a Reply