Pairs with green tea and a stretch of expressway.

⊆ 2:05 AM by Kola | . | ˜ 2 comments »



Remy Shand's Debut album, The Way I Feel, was released in March of 2002. I don't recall exactly how this record came into my possession, but I know that it has been a staple in my rotation since 2002. This record manages to be fresh every time you listen to it.

Remy Shand a multi instrumentalist, recorded and mixed the entire album in his bedroom studio at his family's home in Winnipeg, Canada. After drooping out of school to focus on music, Remy began playing in various experimental rock bands but had difficulty finding like minded people to create the kind of music that he longed to make.

The Way I Feel is the culmination of efforts by an artist influenced by Mom and Dads old Marvin, Isley and Al Green records, an artist who took time to dig into personal experiences to pen his songs, thus creating a modern day masterpiece.

As I listened to this album on the expressway last night, two songs stuck out to me; Burning Bridges and Rocksteady, the latter being a more up-beat slice of sunshine.


2 Responses to Pairs with green tea and a stretch of expressway.

  1. Anonymous Says:
    His style is very fresh and pure. If I close my eyes when I listen to him, I can definently feel the "Marvin " in the songs. Both songs rhythmically I enjoyed. Lyrically I really couldn't follow "Rocksteady" Now. "Burning bridges" lyrically reminded me much of Amy's cut "In my bed" very truthful, real, almost uncanny but the purity of the beat disguises the reality......Is there a lyrical theme here, J?........
  2. lnielsen Says:
    I love his song "The Way I Feel". Made me think about my old days. It's kind of funny that you mentioned about pairing up with green tea, because I was tasting my first significant green tea

= Leave a Reply